1/1 Photo of Khubz Maghrebi (Moroccan Bread)
Member #610488's Note:
Traditional recipe of Morocco. Time listed does not include proofing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 2 1/2 cups warm water in a large bowl. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Stir salt into yeast mixture. Gradually stir in 7 cups flour, one cup at a time, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until dough forms a ball.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape dough into a 12-inch log. Divide dough into 3 pieces then shape each piece into a 4-inch dome-shaped loaf.
- 3Place loaves on a baking sheet lightly covered with flour. Dust tops lightly with 2 teaspoons flour, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85F), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.).
- 4Position oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Uncover loaves, and brush each with 1 teaspoon oil. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. It should sound hollow when tapped (bread will not brown). Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khubz Maghrebi (Moroccan Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 782.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g