1/1 Photo of Kellymac's Pears Poached in Spiced Port
This is a delicious way to make poached pears which are a delicious and light dessert. The poaching liquid can be reduced down when you are finished to make a strongly flavored sweet sauce or you can use caramel syrup, which is my preferred method. These are one my favorite desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the port, water and sugar to a saucepan (a deeper rather than wider one is better) over medium-high heat. Stir thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Add pears and bring to a boil.
- 3Once boiling add remaining ingredients.
- 4Boil for 10-12 minutes or until pears are soft.
- 5Plate pears and scoop out small round center where the seeds are.
- 6Use this as a well to pour your sauce, allowing it to flow over for a beautiful and tasty presentation.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kellymac's Pears Poached in Spiced Port
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g