Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very quick and easy -- since I've lived in Japan I make this almost daily.
Make and share this Kappa Maki (Cucumber Sushi) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice (I recommend Maki Sushi Rice (Rice Cooker))
- 6 -8 sheets nori
- 1 cucumber (sliced lengthwise)
- Lay sheet of nori on bamboo mat.
- Cover nori with layer of sushi rice, spreading rice about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Lay long strips of cucumber on center of rice.
- Roll into long sushi roll using the bamboo mat to aid (it takes a little getting used to, but it's fairly easy).
- Cut roll into smaller pieces using sharp knife -- serve with soy sauce.
I am cutting raw fish out of my diet which i find hard. This really helped my craving for sushi! Thank you so much, it worked great and was beatiful. Also, i dit not have avocado and i just love cucumber. Thank you so much for postin, this really made my day!
Great easy vegetarian sushi. It was my first try and I was very happy with it. The rice came out beautifully, though I put too much rice on the nori and it was tough to roll. This was enjoyed as part of dinner tonight. I'll make this frequently.
This was awesome! I didn't do sushi per se because I had some jasmine rice already made up, but I used cucumber and rice seasoning with nori in it. :-D