Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy tomato, cucumber and onion relish that is a refreshing accompaniment to most Indian meals. I like it a bit on the spicy side, but you can adjust the amount of peppers to your own taste.
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 -3 hot green chili, finely chopped
- 3 -5 sprigs cilantro leaves
- 2 -3 teaspoons vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Serve chilled.
- Goes well with spicy curries.
this was really great. simple ingredients and a great flavor. guests loved it. i plan to make it again without tomato, just because i have no more, a friend is allergic.
YUM! This was a perfect side dish to our Indian flavoured dinner - AND - it's so easy to make!
this is a really tasty relish to temper the heat of curries. this is made very often by my mom and sisters back home too.