1/1 Photo of Just Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Got this from a website named 'all creatures' they've got lots and lots of bread recipies that has no fat, oil, sugar, salt or eggs so it's basically ALL natural. If you're not too fussy about the taste and more concerned about healthy eating - go for this bread! it's very simple. The bread is dense though, but the taste is still ok!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast with 1 cup of the water in a large bowl.
- 2Gradually add the flours while mixing continually.
- 3Add the remaining water a little at a time while mixing (NOTE: if the dough is stil too dry, add a bit more water).
- 4Knead the dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes or until it's smooth and not too dry.
- 5Put it back into the bowl and over it with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm area for 20 minutes or until the dough has doubled.
- 6Knead the dough again for another 5-10 minutes and put it back and let it rise for 10 minutes (use more flour if the dough becomes sticky).
- 7Shape the dough into a loaf, a 'cob' or baguettes etc., or alternatively use a breadpan (I usually put baking paper in the pan so no oil is needed).
- 8Bake at 150 degrees C for approximately 30 minutes, but it might require more or less time depending on you oven.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g