Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is in response to a request. It is from "The Complete Asian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon. It does require that it marinates a while before serving. There is no real cook time involved.
- 1 green cucumber
- 3 tablespoons mild vinegar (rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Peel and slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Combine all other ingredients and marinate cucumber in the seasonings for at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a side salad or relish.
I am the one who requested these and I finally made them, and am I glad I did!! Exactly what I was looking for, they serve these as an appatizer at my favorite Japanese restaurant, and this recipe is pretty near identical, I am so happy! Thanks so much Taylortwo!
This is a very refreshing side dish. I made it to go along with Japanese style salmon and it complemented the entree perfectly.
The only thing I did differently was to add some chili garlic sauce for a little kick, but otherwise, I did follow the recipe. Next time I might add some onion because DH kept saying this is delicious but where is the onion. Thank you. Made for Healthy Choices tag game.