I put this together one night when I needed a nice cool side dish. I think there's lot of room for variations (like adding a dash of hot) but here's the basic recipe.
- Peel, or partially peel, the English cucumber and slice in rounds as thin as possible.
- Peel and slice the purple onion as thin as possible.
- Cut the basil leaves into a very thin chiffonade.
- Combine the final three ingredients to make the dressing and add to the salad.
- If you want to let it marinate for a while, wait to add the basil until closer to serving time.