1/1 Photo of Japanese Eggplant, Teriyaki Style
From the March 2005 issue of Fitness Magazine. Try just a spray of olive oil instead of brushing it on to save on fat. Super quick and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat broiler.
- 2Using a sharp knife, lightly score eggplant flesh in a criss-cross pattern.
- 3Arrange the eggplant skin side up in a single layer on a non-stick broiler pan.
- 4Lightly brush with half the oil; broil 4 inches away from heat source for 3 minutes or until dimpled but not charred.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, sugar and mirin.
- 6Turn eggplant slices over and brush with remaining oil; broil 1 minute.
- 7Brush with soy sauce mixture; broil 1 more minute more until eggplant is tender when it's pierced with a knife.
- 8Sprinkle with scallions before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Eggplant, Teriyaki Style
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g