1/5 Photos of Jade Green Broccoli
From All American Vegetarian cookbook. Serve over steamed rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli
- 1 tablespoon corn oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced (if using canned water chestnuts, rinse and drain well)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1Cut broccoli up into florets. Slice stems.
- 2Bring a pot of salted water to boiling. Blanch the broccoli for about 2 minutes but no longer than 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain.
- 3Heat the corn oil in a wok on medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and sautè for about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn! (Reduce heat if necessary.).
- 4Add the drained broccoli, black pepper and water chestnuts to the wok. Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- 5In a small glass bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Add to the broccoli.
- 6Add the gin, cover wok and cook 1 minute.
- 7Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jade Green Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 407.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g