The only tomato sauce I make - really easy and really good!!
Make and share this Italian Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch dried chili
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add sweet pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaves, salt, dried chili, tomato puree, tomato paste, and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes until flavours have combined.