The only tomato sauce I make - really easy and really good!!
Make and share this Italian Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch dried chili
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add sweet pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaves, salt, dried chili, tomato puree, tomato paste, and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes until flavours have combined.
This is very tasty. Ok I did add ground beef but the flavouring was great alone masha Allah. I used a unrefined extra virgin olive oil and red peppers. I followed the rest. I would make this again and would like to try it vegetarian with some grated cheese.
HOOOOLY GUACAMOLEEEEE! This is so good! Perfect over some spaghetti noodles for a great easy (and light) weeknight supper!!! I used Hunt's canned petite diced maters! Thanks for posting! This is a definite keeper! :D Made for PRMR Tag February 2010!
LOVE IT. What a wonderful dinner I am eating as I type! I put some mushrooms in the sauce, but otherwise made it exactly as written. For the sweet pepper, I used roasted red pepper. I just love a thick, red sauce and that's exactly what this is! I am enjoying it atop some cheese tortellini for a fabulous vegetarian meal. YUMMO. Thanks for a keeper of a recipe, Kat! Made for Veg*n Swap December 2009.