Make and share this Italian Cabbage & Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced with liquid
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets onion soup mix, prepared
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot.
- Bring everything to a boil and let boil for 30 minutes or until veggies are done.
We really enjoyed this soup. Thought it was very tasty. I used a 14 1/2 oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes and a 14 1/2 oz. can of white beans. It was very easy and quick to put toghether and I put it in the crock pot and cooked on low for about 5 hours. I will definitely make this one again.
Can only say I was very disappointed. My mom used to make a cabbage soup that was "lick the pot" delicious, so I was excited to try one of my own. I enjoy all the ingredients in this recipe so I figured it was a good one to experiment with. I followed the recipe to the "T" except for adding a can of diced tomatoes instead of using fresh. I'm not sure if it was the onion soup or the tomatoes, but something just didn't blend right for my taste. I will not be attempting another cabbage soup for a while.
i added 2 can rotel tomato's to this and made it with 2 cans of beans it was great.