Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be used for everything from pizza bread to sandwiches to garlic bread to Bruschetta to... Easy to make and delicious, too!
- Proof the yeast in the warm water and sugar.
- Mix the flour and salt in a food processor using the metal blade.
- Slowly pour in the yeast and water mixture.
- Knead for 1 minute.
- Place dough in a greased bowl - it will be sticky!
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Form into 2 loaves and place either on a greased french bread pan or on a greased cookie sheet covered with corn meal.
- Let rise until doubled again.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, misting with water 2-3 times during the baking to harden the crust.
Made this exactly as written; WAAY TOO WET. I'm a novice now but will reduce water and add flour (I used all-purpose) to even get close to "dough" as I know it. It tasted wonderful but was just thicker than waffle batter. I'll try again and then revise my review if possible.
it wasn't too bad, the dough was waaaay too wet, though. i added 1T of black pepper and ~.5c emmentaler that i pulsed into bits in a food processor. i'm going to try this again, for sure, though!
I had to add a little extra flour because I used all-purpose flour, and I reduced the water by 1/4 cup. The bread had a wonderful chewy quality that was delicious.