Chef Larry's Note:
Can be used for everything from pizza bread to sandwiches to garlic bread to Bruschetta to... Easy to make and delicious, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof the yeast in the warm water and sugar.
- 2Mix the flour and salt in a food processor using the metal blade.
- 3Slowly pour in the yeast and water mixture.
- 4Knead for 1 minute.
- 5Place dough in a greased bowl - it will be sticky!
- 6Cover and let rise until doubled.
- 7Punch down.
- 8Form into 2 loaves and place either on a greased french bread pan or on a greased cookie sheet covered with corn meal.
- 9Let rise until doubled again.
- 10Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, misting with water 2-3 times during the baking to harden the crust.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bread
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g