Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Food Facts column of the Thursday magazine by Monika Seth. This is a good drink for those suffering from anaemia.
- 1 glass water
- black pepper
- 1 beet, washed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- 3 leaves fresh spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- fresh lime juice (add a few drops first and then check to see if you need more)
- To make this healthy morning drink, put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
This has a good flavor and I have to say the strange texture may be because I don't have a super-high-powered blender. On the other hand, maybe that's what it's supposed to be like. :) I think I will try this combination through the juicer because I do think the flavor is nice. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.