really quick, really easy. GREAT source of fiber and spicy to boot!
Make and share this Intense Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- mix 7 cups of water and black beans and set to boil on medium heat.
- sautee onions, garlic, cayenne, and crushed red pepper in olive oil until onions are soft.
- add onion mixture to the beans and water and stir. boil for 15 minutes.
- add chopped green bell pepper and lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- pour half of the mixture into a blender and puree.
- add to pot and reheat until ready to serve.
- Good with crackers, whole wheat toast, and pitas.
I followed Heather'sKitchen and made this in the crockpot. The recipe was reduced to 4 servings and in place of the water, I used low-sodium chicken stock. This had a nice kick from the cayenne and red pepper flakes. If I were to make it again, I think I would try adding some Mexican oregano and cumin for additional flavor. *PAC September 2007*
This was very good soup! I assembled in the crock pot and let cook 5 hours on low. I used my stick blender right in the pot to puree. It had a very pleasant aroma while cooking. The flavor was good with a nice kick of heat, which I enjoyed. My kids added cheese and sour cream to cool the heat a bit. They all gobbled it up with corn chips (even the picky 2 year old!). Thanks for the easy and yummy recipe.
I just love this recipe of Black bean soup so very much.When I made it the first time it was<br/>just fine.Until the two spices hit me from the back and the front of my mouth and stomach.<br/>That's when knew I had to take one of the spices out and add some sour cream.So I could<br/>just keep on eating it . Thanks for the one bean I love in a soup. 2014