1/2 Photos of Intense Black Bean Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Daisy St. Patience's Note:
really quick, really easy. GREAT source of fiber and spicy to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix 7 cups of water and black beans and set to boil on medium heat.
- 2sautee onions, garlic, cayenne, and crushed red pepper in olive oil until onions are soft.
- 3add onion mixture to the beans and water and stir. boil for 15 minutes.
- 4add chopped green bell pepper and lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- 6pour half of the mixture into a blender and puree.
- 7add to pot and reheat until ready to serve.
- 8Good with crackers, whole wheat toast, and pitas.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Intense Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g