72 hrs 20 mins
Moishe Lettvin (1)'s Note:
The bread that Ethiopian food is served on/with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flours and yeast in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- 2Add warm water and mix until smooth.
- 3Let mixture sit for 3 full days at room temperature, stirring once a day.
- 4The mixture will bubble and rise.
- 5Add the baking soda and salt and let batter sit for 10-15 minutes .
- 6Preheat a 9" skillet to the point where water will bounce off it.
- 7Pour about 1/3 of the batter onto the skillet quickly and make sure you've evenly coated the pan.
- 8Only cook the injera on one side, and it should not brown.
- 9It's done when the moisture has evaporated and"eyes" appear on the surface.
- 10Serve with Ethiopian stews.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Injera (Ethiopian Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 869.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g