Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The bread that Ethiopian food is served on/with.
Make and share this Injera (Ethiopian Flat Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flours and yeast in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add warm water and mix until smooth.
- Let mixture sit for 3 full days at room temperature, stirring once a day.
- The mixture will bubble and rise.
- Add the baking soda and salt and let batter sit for 10-15 minutes .
- Preheat a 9" skillet to the point where water will bounce off it.
- Pour about 1/3 of the batter onto the skillet quickly and make sure you've evenly coated the pan.
- Only cook the injera on one side, and it should not brown.
- It's done when the moisture has evaporated and"eyes" appear on the surface.
- Serve with Ethiopian stews.