Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A potluck or picnic favorite. You will like the subtle flavors. If you don't like Cilantro, leave it out.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry-roasted cashews or 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut in half down lengthwise,and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Cook rice according to directions and place in a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- When cool, add pineapple, cashews, raisins, green onions, red and green bell peppers, celery, bean sprouts and cilantro.
- In a jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake to mix.
- If the salad is served immediately, drizzle all of the dressing over the salad.
- If salad is to be served later, use only half of dressing over salad, then at the last minute add the other half of dressing, stirring to coat.
- May be served room temperature or chilled.