Miss Annie's Note:
A potluck or picnic favorite. You will like the subtle flavors. If you don't like Cilantro, leave it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashews or 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut in half down lengthwise,and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1Cook rice according to directions and place in a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- 2When cool, add pineapple, cashews, raisins, green onions, red and green bell peppers, celery, bean sprouts and cilantro.
- 3In a jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake to mix.
- 4If the salad is served immediately, drizzle all of the dressing over the salad.
- 5If salad is to be served later, use only half of dressing over salad, then at the last minute add the other half of dressing, stirring to coat.
- 6May be served room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Rice Salad With Orange-Sesame-Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g