Combined with hot curries this salad offers you a great fresh contrast.
Make and share this Indonesian Pineapple and Celery Salad - Selada Nanas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and in 1/2 inch small pieces
- 1 cucumber, small in 1/2 inch small pieces (optional)
- 4 stalks celery, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 1 chile, red (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce, clear (or 60 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar, white
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, rosted coarsly crushed
- In a big bowl combine all the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Just before serving add the sauce to the vegetables, toss well and top with the peanuts.