Great vegan recipe from better homes and garden!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 medium potatoes (cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into 1/4-inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium zucchini (halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- chutney (optional)
- 1Cook the brown rice according to package directions, except omit any salt.
- 2Meanwhile, spray an unheated 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
- 3Preheat over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- 5Carefully add the water, apple juice, potatoes, carrot, soy sauce, curry powder, gingerroot, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- 6Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 8Add the cauliflower, zucchini, peas, and raisins to the Dutch oven. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more or until cauliflower is tender.
- 9Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- 10If desired, serve with chutney.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Vegetables and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g