An Indian meal is not complete without rice to soak up some of the liquids of the other Indian dishes that is piled on and around it.
- Cook green onion in butter in a saucepan until tender but not brown.
- Stir in rice, salt garam masala, red pepper and garlic.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes; do not lift lid.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- To freeze: Place prepared rice in freezer bag. Seal, pushing out as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge. Place in baking dish and add 1 T.water for each cup of rice. Stir and reheat at 300 degrees for 35-40 minutes.