Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from the Potato Harvest Cookbook, this is an Indian recipe. The potatoes come out with a nice golden crust!
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, 30-35 minutes, until tender.
- Drain, cool slightly, and peel.
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- In a food processor, pulse the water, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric, and red pepper until a paste is formed.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the fennel and cook 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from the heat, stir in the spice paste, then cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stir to evenly coat them with the spice paste.
- Fry 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes have a golden brown crust.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wow, these are good! They were the main part of last night's breakfast for dinner. The potatoes were on a plate with bacon and eggs. The amazing flavors of the potatoes were really the star of the show. This is a recipe that I will surely make again.
OUTSTANDING as can be!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this recipe!
was the PERFECT compliment to Chicken Tikka Marsala made last night!
DH said this recipe was a DELIGHT!
Nice blend of flavors! It was my first time using fennel seeds in something else other than tea. I bet my neighbors had no idea what was cooking.Enjoyed it very much,Sharon. Thanks for sharing.