1/5 Photos of Indian Home Fries
Adapted from the Potato Harvest Cookbook, this is an Indian recipe. The potatoes come out with a nice golden crust!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Lower heat and simmer, covered, 30-35 minutes, until tender.
- 3Drain, cool slightly, and peel.
- 4Chop the potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- 5In a food processor, pulse the water, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric, and red pepper until a paste is formed.
- 6In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 7When hot, add the fennel and cook 30 seconds.
- 8Remove pan from the heat, stir in the spice paste, then cook 2 more minutes.
- 9Add the potatoes and stir to evenly coat them with the spice paste.
- 10Fry 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes have a golden brown crust.
- 11Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley to garnish.
- 12Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Home Fries
Serving Size: 1 (1396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 602.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g