Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The easiest bread you will ever make--if you can stir, you can have fresh bread in an hour! The dark beer gives it a great flavor not commonly found in beer bread (please please please do not use light beer in this!!!). For variation, try adding caraway or fennel seeds, fresh grated nutmeg, finely chopped orange zest, or finely grated cheese. You can also make this into biscuits, just bake at same temp on parchment lined sheet for 10-14 minutes depending on the size of the biscuits.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl; whisk gently till completely mixed. (Or if you're not a lazy cook like me, sift your dry ingredients together into the bowl--I prefer to whisk, however!).
- Add beer and stir with wooden spoon till flour is totally incorporated.
- Pour batter (it will be rather thick) into a well-greased bread pan.
- Bake at 375 deg. F. for an hour, or till loaf is nicely browned and tests done when tapped.
- Cool on wire rack slightly before serving. Will keep about a week wrapped up in the fridge.