1/1 Photo of Hot Cider
A Penzey's recipe--came with some spices I got as a wedding gift! Can't wait till it's cold enough to try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in pot on the stove, and simmer on med-low heat until scent fills your house!
- 2The cinnamon sticks can be placed in the cups as drink stirrers if you want.
- 3It takes about 20 minutes of simmering for the cinnamon flavor to start coming out of the sticks, and they can be used over several tmes--just rinse and leave to dry in a warm spot.
- 4Don't go too nuts with the nutmeg--it gets stronger during cooking and can become overpowering.
- 5A quick grating over the pot is perfect.
- 6I imagine you could add rum or something similar to this for an adult party.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cider
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g