A Penzey's recipe--came with some spices I got as a wedding gift! Can't wait till it's cold enough to try this!
- Combine all ingredients in pot on the stove, and simmer on med-low heat until scent fills your house!
- The cinnamon sticks can be placed in the cups as drink stirrers if you want.
- It takes about 20 minutes of simmering for the cinnamon flavor to start coming out of the sticks, and they can be used over several tmes--just rinse and leave to dry in a warm spot.
- Don't go too nuts with the nutmeg--it gets stronger during cooking and can become overpowering.
- A quick grating over the pot is perfect.
- I imagine you could add rum or something similar to this for an adult party.