Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is one that I created by myself, so be aware. It reminds me of a western dish, because of the potatoes being cooked the way they are, it takes on a western taste. The word “Hootenanny” was put in the title because in Mario Party 2 on Western Land, you can invite everyone to a hootenanny, which is just so much fun! While I was eating this, I thought of that, so I called it “hootenanny potatoes and mushrooms” Sorry for the measurements, but I really hate to cook using actual numbers. How I feel is how I cook.
- Oil your pan, cut the potatoes, either sliced of cubed, and put them inches Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Let sit, or feel free to keep flipping and moving the potatoes around.
- Which ever method you prefer, is up to you.
- Just before the potatoes begin to brown, add the Cajun Seasoning (amount is your preference).
- Make sure that all the potatoes are seasoned.
- After about another minute, add the mushrooms.
- You can add another amount of cajun seasoning if you want it extra spicy.
- After everything is cooked to your liking (I say"to your liking" because some people like their potatoes cooked longer and some shorter) you can remove from your pan, and enjoy!
This recipe is a delicious concept! I used leftover boiled potatoes and omitted the mushrooms. I was sure to heat the oil in my cast iron pan before adding the potatoes; they came out wonderfully browned and crispy. Thanks for posting!
Even though the site messed up your steps, Im sure this is great! I tried your food before and it is wonderful! Can't wait to eat these!!!