There's nothing like homemade potato chips. But make sure you only serve them to people who will appreciate them -- for the rest you could just buy a bag at the store!
- Peel, then slice the potatoes very thinly.
- A mandolin does the best job of this and the slices should be as thin as a wafer.
- As you slice, drop them into deep, cold water.
- Bring a deep pan of frying oil to 190 C or 375 degrees F.
- Dry the potatoes thoroughly, then fry them for a couple minutes until they're crisp and golden.
- Drain them on paper towels and then season generously with salt.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!! These were easy and dElish!!! I bet my husband will like them too! I ran out of chips for his lunches and didn't feel like running to the store just for chips so I decided to make these! For homemade chips these couldn't get any easier or better. I will be extra carefull next time though to cut the potatoes VERY thinly! ONly a few came out not right b/c I didn't cut it thin enough. Definitely will make these again!
Very good. I made these for me and my hubby and we liked them a lot. Along with our doggy. We just put salt and dipped in chilli cheese dip.
super fast and easy and way cheaper and tastier than store bought. I used olive oil once and peanut oil second and always after.. I like my chips crunchy lol Thanks for posting