There's nothing like homemade potato chips. But make sure you only serve them to people who will appreciate them -- for the rest you could just buy a bag at the store!
- Peel, then slice the potatoes very thinly.
- A mandolin does the best job of this and the slices should be as thin as a wafer.
- As you slice, drop them into deep, cold water.
- Bring a deep pan of frying oil to 190 C or 375 degrees F.
- Dry the potatoes thoroughly, then fry them for a couple minutes until they're crisp and golden.
- Drain them on paper towels and then season generously with salt.