1/1 Photo of Homemade Potato Chips
There's nothing like homemade potato chips. But make sure you only serve them to people who will appreciate them -- for the rest you could just buy a bag at the store!
My Private Note
- 1Peel, then slice the potatoes very thinly.
- 2A mandolin does the best job of this and the slices should be as thin as a wafer.
- 3As you slice, drop them into deep, cold water.
- 4Bring a deep pan of frying oil to 190 C or 375 degrees F.
- 5Dry the potatoes thoroughly, then fry them for a couple minutes until they're crisp and golden.
- 6Drain them on paper towels and then season generously with salt.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Potato Chips
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g