That is how I make apricot jam. No grocery store jam can match this one.
Make and share this Homemade Apricot Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Wash apricots with cold water and cut them in halves. Remove the stone and all damaged areas.
- Put them in a large pot, add 600 g sugar, stir it and leave 4-6 hours until apricot become juicy. You may stir occasionally.
- Add the rest of sugar, stir and cook on heavy fire 10 to 15 minutes. When apricot starts to boil you will see foam. After 10 – 15 minutes the most of the foam will disappear, but if not remove it.
- Add pectin if you like, stir and put the jam in hot (100°C) glass-bottle.
- Close the hot glass-bottles and keep it in dark place.