Quick, healthy, flavorful vegetarian dish. One of my summer staples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 7 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Place the brown rice, vegetable broth and herbs together in a pan. Cook 45 minutes as one would cook brown rice normally.
- 2About 7 minutes before the rice is finished cooking, lightly sauté the broccoli by itself with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside in a covered bowl.
- 3Next, sauté the onion on its own with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add it to the broccoli in the bowl.
- 4With the remaining olive oil lightly wilt/sauté the spinach in a pan.
- 5Take approximately 1 cup of the cooked rice and place it in the middle of a plate. Lay the desired amount of spinach on top of that, followed by the broccoli and onion.
- 6Serve while vegetables are still warm.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Brown Rice With Sautéed Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 889.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: