Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, healthy, flavorful vegetarian dish. One of my summer staples.
Make and share this Herbed Brown Rice With Sautéed Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 7 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the brown rice, vegetable broth and herbs together in a pan. Cook 45 minutes as one would cook brown rice normally.
- About 7 minutes before the rice is finished cooking, lightly sauté the broccoli by itself with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside in a covered bowl.
- Next, sauté the onion on its own with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add it to the broccoli in the bowl.
- With the remaining olive oil lightly wilt/sauté the spinach in a pan.
- Take approximately 1 cup of the cooked rice and place it in the middle of a plate. Lay the desired amount of spinach on top of that, followed by the broccoli and onion.
- Serve while vegetables are still warm.