This is a fabulous, warming, hearty vegan main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in flourettes
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed, cut in strips
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1In a large pot, heat oil and saute onion until lightly browned.
- 2Add sweet potato and cauliflower and cook until slightly softened.
- 3Add curry powder and stir 1 minute.
- 4Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup broth,.
- 5Add remaining broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne to pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Stir occasionally 15-17 minutes.
- 6Stir in cornstarch mixture and chard. Stir until chard is wilted.
- 7Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 1055.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g