2 hrs 20 mins
A great gift idea, include the recipe on a cute tag for your friends. Low cost when you average out the price of ingredients and how much it makes!!!!
My Private Note
Cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large airtight container.
- 2Stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- 3Label as Hearty Soup Mix.
- 4Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.
- 5Shake well before using.
- 6Makes about 12 1/2 cups of mix.
- 7Hearty Soup Stock: Put 6 cups of water and 1 1/3 cups of mix in a large kettle or Dutch oven.
- 8Add 1 1/2 T salt.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 11Add 2 carrots, sliced, 1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped, 1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded, 2 (15 oz) cans of tomato sauce, 1 (24 oz) can vegetable juice cocktail, and if desired 1 lb lean cooked ground beef or leftover cooked beef.
- 12Simmer 20 more minutes, until vegetables are cooked.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Soup Mix
Serving Size: 1 (1981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 20.5 g