1/1 Photo of Heart Healthy Oatmeal
This is something that I've done for years in order to perk up my oatmeal without adding calories. It takes a few minutes, but is worth it. I came up with the idea when I was tiring of the taste of plain oatmeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a medium skillet--I use cast iron--until it is medium hot to very hot.
- 2Put all of the oatmeal that you will be cooking in the pan.
- 3Stir constantly over medium high heat until oatmeal is just this side of dark brown. This gives it a nutlike flavor -- without the nuts and without the calories.
- 4Cook as per box instructions.
- 5You may add other cinnamon & sugar and/or raisins, but mind the calories.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Healthy Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g