Just like those steamed chinese buns but i've just changed the ingredients around a bit with whole wheat and oats to make it healthier. the taste is still good though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup water.
- 2Add the oats and whole wheat flour and mix.
- 3Add ½ cup of the remaining water.
- 4Add white flour, continue mixing.
- 5Add the remaining water (½ cup) (NOTE: the dough is supposed to be slightly sticky and watery, not like normal bread dough, so add more water if it's too dry).
- 6Place in a warm area (25-35 degrees celsius) and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size or until it has reached the top of the bowl.
- 7Knead the dough with some more whole wheat flour (it can take awhile since it's sticky) and shape it into a log.
- 8Divide log into 10 pieces and shape into buns/balls.
- 9Place buns in steamer and steam on high heat until you see steam coming out.
- 10Reduce the heat to medium and continue steaming for 10 minutes.
- 11Serve & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Steamed Buns / Mantou
Serving Size: 1 (943 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g