Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a beautiful, simple breakfast to serve company, or just for a relaxed weekend morning. It could even be an appetizer, brunch starter, or a nice light dessert. Multiply or divide ingredients to serve as many as you need. Try different fruit, by all means- let the imagination rule! :-)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread (the small ones, about 8 inches around)
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter (homemade is best, but storebought's fine too)
- 1 kiwi, peeled (or just scooped out)
- 4 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄2 apple, thinly sliced (any variety)
- cinnamon, to taste
- Place pitas on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 300.
- Spread the apple butter fairly thickly over the undersides of the whole pita breads.
- Arrange the apple around the perimeter of the pita. Next put a circle of kiwi slices, then some strawberries. Place a kiwi or berry slice in the center.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon- I like lots!
- Bake on the center rack for about 15-20 minutes, till the fruit is softened. Slice in half and serve. Would be nice with some yogurt on the side.
Followed your recipe right on down & we had a very tasty, easy-to-prepare treat with these little pizzas, & I'll definitely be making them again! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
A yummy and healthy treat, and super simple to make too! I just combined all the fruit into a processor and chopped them together for easier application. Thank you for posting!!
This was great! I left out the kiwi, used a few more strawberries and used a whole apple. My boyfriend and mom loved it and I just adore my grandma's apple butter so this was a total A+ in my book. This will undoubtly be made again. Thanks for sharing!!