Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a beautiful, simple breakfast to serve company, or just for a relaxed weekend morning. It could even be an appetizer, brunch starter, or a nice light dessert. Multiply or divide ingredients to serve as many as you need. Try different fruit, by all means- let the imagination rule! :-)
- Place pitas on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 300.
- Spread the apple butter fairly thickly over the undersides of the whole pita breads.
- Arrange the apple around the perimeter of the pita. Next put a circle of kiwi slices, then some strawberries. Place a kiwi or berry slice in the center.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon- I like lots!
- Bake on the center rack for about 15-20 minutes, till the fruit is softened. Slice in half and serve. Would be nice with some yogurt on the side.