Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple potato slice crust works well with a variety of quiches. Use with unpeeled potatoes; and the recipe is for a 9-inch deep dish crust.
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed (unpeeled is fine)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Use nonstick cooking spray to coat a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Slice the unpeeled potatoes 1/4" thick, and arrange the slices in a single layer over the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the crust.
- Spray the exposed edges of the potatoes lightly with cooking spray before baking the quiche at the temperature and time called for.
I have been searching for a long time for a healthy alternative to a traditional pastry crust and I have tried "crustless" quiche recipes and countless other alternatives only to be disappointed. This potato crust is just what I have been looking for it is tasty and I loved it.