Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The combo of vegetables and pineapple in this easy stir-fry makes for a colorful sweet-and-sour dish. Fresh pineapple is best in this recipe; canned just doesn't taste as good. Adapted from Delicious Living magazine.
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Bragg's Aminos)
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat just until smoking point, about 1 minute.
- Add red pepper and red onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add water to prevent sticking.
- Add pineapple wedges and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broccoli; cook 4 minutes or until bright green.
- Combine tamari (soy sauce) and juice in a small cup.
- Add tamari/juice mixture to veggies.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to coat.
Love this recipe, thanks for sharing, I will make this again.
This was wonderful but made lots! I am having leftovers with leftover turkey for lunch! Delish! Thanks for sharing this keeper!