Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from The Happy Herbivore, and it is excellent. My two children love it! If you use hot sauce cut it back, 1 tbsp will make it very spicy.
- Combine chickpeas, teriyaki sauce, Szechuan sauce, and sugar in a large frying pan.
- Allow to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid has absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon over cooked rice and top with salsa. (For a lighter dish, you can substitute cooked greens, such as steamed kale, for the rice.).
- Chef Note: To create your own pineapple/peach/mango salsa mix equal parts chopped fruit with minced red onion, fresh cilantro, and lime juice to taste.