1/9 Photos of Halloween Candy Apples
1 hr 34 mins
1 hr 24 mins
Chef Dee's Note:
Also from the Company's Coming series, another excellent recipe. We make these every Halloween.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, dry and polish apples.
- 2Remove stem.
- 3Insert wooden stick in stem end.
- 4Remove blossoms.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Put sugar, syrup and water into saucepan.
- 7Heat and stir to dissolve.
- 8Boil without stirring until it reaches 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
- 9A bit of syrup dropped into cold water will separate into brittle threads.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Stir in cinnamon and food coloring.
- 12Dip apple to cover.
- 13Hold above saucepan to drain.
- 14Place on greased pan or tray stick side up.
- 15Quickly dip remaining apples.
- 16Return syrup to heat long enough to liquefy if it firms too much.
- 17Let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Candy Apples
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 99.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g