Cook1 hr 24 mins
Also from the Company's Coming series, another excellent recipe. We make these every Halloween.
Make and share this Halloween Candy Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Wash, dry and polish apples.
- Remove stem.
- Insert wooden stick in stem end.
- Remove blossoms.
- Set aside.
- Put sugar, syrup and water into saucepan.
- Heat and stir to dissolve.
- Boil without stirring until it reaches 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
- A bit of syrup dropped into cold water will separate into brittle threads.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cinnamon and food coloring.
- Dip apple to cover.
- Hold above saucepan to drain.
- Place on greased pan or tray stick side up.
- Quickly dip remaining apples.
- Return syrup to heat long enough to liquefy if it firms too much.
- Let stand at least 1 hour before serving.