Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is something I came up with. I'm in college and trying to eat somewhat healthy but also trying to use everything in my kitchen. I really like combining different tastes and temperatures: sour and sweet, hot and cold. This is really quite customizable but if you want to use dried figs I think you might need to rehydrate them because the recipe uses the fig's juices. (Tamarind paste has a strong taste so it might be good for using artificial sweeteners...but I haven't tried it) Hope you like it!
- Cut squash in half and clean out seeds.
- Cut figs into small chunks removing stems.
- Make tamarind sauce by mixing paste and sugar to taste. I personally like a sour taste along with the sweet squash so I added about 2 tablespoons paste to 1 tablespoon sugar. Keep in mind you only need enough to coat inside of squash.
- Coat inside of one half of squash with tamarind sauce. Put chopped figs into squash cavity.
- Roast squash in oven at 375 F until soft.