Meg Sweetland's Note:
From a recipe on pepperfool.com by Brent Thompson on 6/6/1996. I eat this on wheat thins with cream cheese and give it as holiday presents (only to people that I know love spicy foods).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove stems, seeds and membranes from bell peppers.
- 2Remove stems only from habaneros.
- 3Put bell peppers, habaneros and vinegar in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 4Combine pepper mixture and sugar in a non-corrosive pot.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Add pectin, bring to a full rolling boil that won't stir down. Boil for 1 minute.
- 7Ladle into jars and follow proper canning procedures.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Habanero Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 241.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 237.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g