Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The longer this sauce is stored in the refrigerator, the more pungent the sauce becomes. Try your own variations.
- 4 -5 fresh habanero peppers (with seeds)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 -7 jalapenos (with seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender on high, blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in a clean jar and refrigerate.
when I read the reviews the first one said too much jalapenos. the second one said the cut the sugar in half. I don't see any in the recipe. so I used 3 large jalapenos and 7 habanero It came out good but kind had too much vinegar taste but that is still warm next time I will use half water and half vinegar but none the less a very good and hot sauce
This sauce was not as appetizing as I would have liked. Its fairly spicy but the jalapeÃ±os overpower the flavor and you do not get to enjoy the full flavor of the other ingredients.
wow! this is hot hot sauce :) very easy to make and very tasty when i tryed it on some homemade chili.. makes your home stink really funky tho be sure to have your windows open when making :D thanks alot for this recipe never need to use storebought again...