Adapted from the Barbecue Bible. Serve with grilled seafood, poultry or meat. Use green mangoes for a more traditional preparation. Watch out--this is HOT! Seed the scotch bonnets if you don't want it quite so fiery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (use green mangoes for a more traditional taste)
- 1 -4 scotch bonnet pepper (to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water (or more if necessary)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 2Relish should be thick but pourable. Add a little more water if it is too thick.
- 3Cover tightly and refrigerate. Will keep up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guyanese Mango Fire Relish
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g