Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from the Barbecue Bible. Serve with grilled seafood, poultry or meat. Use green mangoes for a more traditional preparation. Watch out--this is HOT! Seed the scotch bonnets if you don't want it quite so fiery.
- 1 lb ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (use green mangoes for a more traditional taste)
- 1 -4 scotch bonnet pepper (to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water (or more if necessary)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Relish should be thick but pourable. Add a little more water if it is too thick.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate. Will keep up to 1 week.