1/7 Photos of Grilled Pineapple Salsa Three Ways
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Pineapple used to be exotic and expensive, but now it's more common and cheaper. Either way, it's one of my favorite fruits. This recipe was developed by Mark Bittman (the Minimalist) and was published in the New York Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder (Aleppo or New Mexico)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or any combination) or 1/4 cup mint leaf (or any combination)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (to taste)
- 1Start a charcoal or gas grill. Fire should be moderately hot.
- 2Combine chili powder, salt and sugar and sprinkle evenly over the pineapple.
- 3Grill on each side until lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes total. Remove and let cool.
- 4Roughly chop pineapple and combine it and its juice with the ingredients of one of the 3 options. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple Salsa Three Ways
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1168.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g