Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This soup really does look like green velvet. It is from Fat Free and Easy by Jennifer Raymond. Although the soup seems odd, it is really lovely and cleansing.
- Place the onion, celery, potatoes, split peas, and bay leaves in a large pot with the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the salt.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in several batches and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot, add salt to taste, and heat until steamy.
This was just the thing to get me back to healthy cooking after recovering from an injury. I added chard because I had some on hand and also hot sauce. Thanks for injecting veggies back into me!