Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This soup really does look like green velvet. It is from Fat Free and Easy by Jennifer Raymond. Although the soup seems odd, it is really lovely and cleansing.
- Place the onion, celery, potatoes, split peas, and bay leaves in a large pot with the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the salt.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in several batches and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot, add salt to taste, and heat until steamy.
This was just the thing to get me back to healthy cooking after recovering from an injury. I added chard because I had some on hand and also hot sauce. Thanks for injecting veggies back into me!