This recipe from P.W.M.U. cookbook is the one my mum and I have always made. i am posting it for a request. The recipe has no quantity listed-I just sterilize a heap of jars, and keep filling them 'til the pickles run out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tomatoes into an earthenware dish, sprinkle each layer with salt, and leave overnight.
- 2In the morning, boil the vinegar and spices, then strain.
- 3Slice the onions and add to the vinegar, drain liquid off tomatoes, and add to the other ingredients along with the raisins.
- 4Simmer until tender, bottle when cold.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (4311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 47.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g