James Craig's Note:
This recipe was found in the "Cooking Light" magazine. If you enjoy tomatillos, you will enjoy this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard husks and stems from the tomatillos.
- 2Cook the tomatillos in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 4 minutes or until soft; drain.
- 3Combine the tomatillos and 2 teaspoons water in a blender and process until smooth.
- 4Pour the tomatillo mixture into a 4 cup glass measure, and add enough water to mixture to measure 2& 1/2 cups.
- 5Combine the tomatillo mixture, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and garlic in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 6Add rice; cover mixture, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Remove from heat, and fluff with fork.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Rice
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g