Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was found in the "Cooking Light" magazine. If you enjoy tomatillos, you will enjoy this.
- Discard husks and stems from the tomatillos.
- Cook the tomatillos in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 4 minutes or until soft; drain.
- Combine the tomatillos and 2 teaspoons water in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the tomatillo mixture into a 4 cup glass measure, and add enough water to mixture to measure 2& 1/2 cups.
- Combine the tomatillo mixture, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and garlic in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; cover mixture, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with fork.