Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found in the "Cooking Light" magazine. If you enjoy tomatillos, you will enjoy this.
- Discard husks and stems from the tomatillos.
- Cook the tomatillos in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 4 minutes or until soft; drain.
- Combine the tomatillos and 2 teaspoons water in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the tomatillo mixture into a 4 cup glass measure, and add enough water to mixture to measure 2& 1/2 cups.
- Combine the tomatillo mixture, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and garlic in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; cover mixture, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with fork.
I suggest using canned tomatillos so you don't have cook them down or food process them. This rice goes really well with fish tacos.
Needed to use some of my CSA veggies and this was a great way to use a few tomatillos and jalepeno
We loved this rice. I used one whole jalapeno. At the end, I added the squeeze of lime and a handful of fresh, chopped tomatoes. Delicious and has lots of flavor.