1/1 Photo of Green Bean, Carrot and Fennel Polenta
Elise and family's Note:
A satisfying vegetable dish that makes a nutritious and savory complete meal. The vegetable melange can be served either beside the polenta, or on top of it, which mixes the flavours more (as the cornmeal is very mild tasting).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 big carrot, shredded in long strips
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can green beans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onions, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal polenta
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Shred the carrot with a grater and chop the fennel. Cook them together in olive oil at medium heat in a large saucepan.
- 2While vegetables cook, boil water and salt in a medium pot and add polenta when water is boiling hard. Stir until it is thick and remove pot from heat. Pour into a small greased glass baking dish and spread evenly. Set aside somewhere warm for 10 minutes (or remainder of cooking time for vegetables).
- 3When fennel and carrot begin to get tender, add onion, green beans, and spices (except for lime juice). Cook until tender (even lightly browned at the edges).
- 4Add lime juice and remove from heat.
- 5Spread vegetable mixture evenly over cornmeal and heat at 400 for 5-10 minutes, or serve both side by side. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean, Carrot and Fennel Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g