1/1 Photo of Greekified Green Beans
From apartmenttherapy.com. Surprise...no mint this time around! Original recipe called for braising the green beans for a whopping forty five minutes. Use the best and freshest ingredients available. Several changes in this recipe were made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and snapped in half
- olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2 diced roma tomatoes (or 8-10 grape tomatoes, cut in half-golden tomatoes would be a good choice, too!)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- 1Wash and snap the green beans, then chop the onion and garlic.
- 2Heat a little olive oil in a heavy duty pan and gently sautè the green beans, onion, garlic and cinnamon stick over medium heat for about five minutes, or until onion and garlic soften and green beans are lightly browned.
- 3Add the wine to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes and bell pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- 5Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until liquid has mostly evaporated.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greekified Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g