From apartmenttherapy.com. Surprise...no mint this time around! Original recipe called for braising the green beans for a whopping forty five minutes. Use the best and freshest ingredients available. Several changes in this recipe were made.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and snapped in half
- olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 diced roma tomatoes (or 8-10 grape tomatoes, cut in half-golden tomatoes would be a good choice, too!)
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- Wash and snap the green beans, then chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy duty pan and gently sautè the green beans, onion, garlic and cinnamon stick over medium heat for about five minutes, or until onion and garlic soften and green beans are lightly browned.
- Add the wine to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Stir in the tomatoes and bell pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Ooh we enjoyed this! I used the whole pepper. I subbed chicken broth for the wine. It came out perfect! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers. :)
Good flavor and easy to make. made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars (family pick)
DH really liked this!! I cannot eat very many tomatoes so I relied on him- I made a full recipe and he almost ate it ALL- in silence (besides the 1 remark of "I really like these")- and silence speaks MULTITUDES from him!! :) ZWT6 and the Xtra Hot Dishes.