Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
When I first saw this recipe I though it was "Geek"-style, not Greek. Tried them anyway, and they're very good, geeky or Greeky!
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper, salt, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Place potatoes, skin side down, on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
Fantastic! I marinated the potatoes in the mix for a while before I baked them-once had a greek boyfriend and that's how he did it-and I used fresh oregano as I have heaps of it growing.
Had to make these to see what all the fuss was about. Mirjam, I'm pleased to join the bandwagon. These fries are spectacular! The lemon and spices really came through! I used the same spices on a nice Porterhouse steak which I put in the Geroge Foreman grill. McDonald's fries right about now pale by comparison to these!
This is possibly one of the best recipes I have tried on Zaar to date! They are wonderful! The lemon juice really does give them a "kick". I added 2 more potatoes and cut them up like french fries, they are terrrific!! I highly recommend this recipe, and make sure to double it because you won't have enough!! Yes they ARE THAT GOOD!!!