Velvety smooth hummus makes a delicious and nutritious meal-in-a-pocket.
Make and share this Greek Salad Pita Pockets for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce (cos)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 8 thin slices red onions
- 1⁄4 green pepper, finely diced (capsicum)
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 4 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons store-bought hummus (or homemade )
- 2 whole grain pita breads, halved opened into pockets
- Mix together all the ingredients, except the hummus and bread, in a bowl until well combined. Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus inside each pita and fill with equal amounts of the filling to serve.