Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really good! It is a bit garlicky. Serve with good, crusty bread.
Make and share this Great Northern Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions and other veggies in the oil until tender.
- Add the beans, broth, orange juice, soy sauce and cumin.
- Cover and simmer until everything is tender.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.
- Sprinkle the tops of the bowls with chives.
I love this soup! It's a really great change from the other soups that I've had. I used kidney beans and black beans and threw in some extra frozen vegetables as well as more cumin, soy and some extra herbs to give it a little boost. Thank you for a great recipe! I also agree with the other review that while it was nice without the lemon, the lemon juice REALLY makes this soup. Don't forget it!
This soup is pretty good....very easy to put together too. I too, will add more garlic next time, but otherwise wouldn't change anything. Don't forget the lemon...the soup didn't taste nearly as good before it's addition. Thanks dicooks!
This soup has a great flavor. The OJ gives it just a subtle sweetness that gets balanced out w/ the cumin and lemon juice. I didn't find it overly garlicky at all....in fact, I added more garlic! I'll be making this again. Thanx for posting.