Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light May '06. Need more veggies in your diet? Great side dish. Make it easy by using purchased grated carrots. Cooking time is chill time. It's not required to toast cumin, but this does make the dish more fragrant with the oils from the cumin.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place cumin in a small skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Combine cumin and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve cold 1/2 cup servings.
This carrot salad was good. Next time I might kick up the seasonings a bit. My husband thought something else should be added to add some contrasting texture...maybe toasted almonds. Might also add a few more golden raisins next time. Made to go with Hummus and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Thank you for the recipe. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 2009.